On a Hot Sunday Morning




On a Sunday morning graced with heat
I rode to that special place, painted dry
Where earth meets water and skies fade in too
Where meadows still abound and egrets fly around
Where every shore has a boat
And every shade has a cow.

I beheld the euphonious music of birds above me
As it merged into the rhythm of my feet
Pounding on the pedals of that majestic
Yellow bike of mine.

I found me a spot under the only tree exhibiting life
And alone with my imagination and thoughts
Sat in silence, to enjoy the gift of existence;
At peace with myself and all creation
Absorbing nature's song and its echoes
As the wind modulated every pitch
And birds making melodies, harmonized it all.

I felt like this should be my eternity
But a voice deep inside of me, said
Happiness will always fade away
But like the Sun walking the skies every day
It only matters that you trek along its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment