Salvation-Augmented Traffic Jam

"It's very hard for a corpse to seek pardon"
So the hungry man with the book said,
His words worsening the absurd aura
already suffocating everyone trapped inside
one of those transit prisons, stuck back-on-back
like the rings of mating centipedes along the Entebbe highway.

He was not confined inside of a metal shell like us
Sure, he was having his merry moments of the day!
I was hating fate, he was deep in love!

"My sole prayer is,
Before any of you lie inside of a coffin,
You ought have a vehicle, and so there might be more jam
And more stampede on these roads,
And so there might be a chance for more like you,
To fall prey to the gospel, which would otherwise never have made it
Into your lives, given who you are!"

That delighted me,
As for the first time that day
I had a reason to beef and laugh at the same time!

Call it "salvation-augmented traffic jam"
And that day, I didn't have a case against them!

No comments:

Post a Comment